Scope of IIPS
To undertake quality research and policy analysis for applied R&D.
Undertake quality research and policy analyses for sustainable national development
Serve as a collaborative platform for dissemination of research, exchange and dialogue
Build capacity and competence to respond to research and policy needs at national level
Develop viable connectivity between academia and industry for applied R&D
Conduct research on emerging technologies for industrial application
Support endeavors for socio economic development through research and analyses
Undertake critical impact studies of policies and recommend solutions.
Mandate of Advisory Board – IIPS
The advisory board (AB) will act as an advisory body to Iqbal Institute of Policy Studies (IIPS)
It is an advisory organ without involvement in corporate affairs
Will work towards attainment of IIPS’s vision, objectives and scope
Will provide expert professional input for accomplishment of the mandate of IIPS
Advise and facilitate liaison and joint planning with the government ministries/departments and allied private organizations
Advise and assist in planning and smooth implementation of RE 2020 and Pakistan 2030
IIPS Advisory Board
- Chairman and Founding Chief Executive Officer of Graana and Imarat Group of Companies.
- Director of Agency 21, Homzz Investments (UK), Hotspot Management UK Limited.
- Former Senior Financial Advisor of Douglas Allen.
President Advisory Board
Lt Gen (R) Haroon Aslam SB HI(M)
- President Advisory Board
- Former CEO & MD of Fauji Fertilizers Bin Qasim Limited (FFBL), Fauji Foods Limited (FFL) and FFBL Power Company Limited (FPCL)
- Former Deputy Chairman and CEO of Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority.
- Former Board of directors of Askari Commercial Bank Limited and Pakistan Maroc Phosphore, S.A. (PMP) (ERRA).
Tariq Ikram (SI)
- Board member of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd. and Tasha Enterprises
- Chairman of the HR committees of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd
- Former Minister of State & CE Trade Development Authority
- Former President of Overseas Chamber of Commerce and Industry Pakistan (OICC&I), Management Association of Pakistan and Marketing Association of Pakistan
- Former CEO & Regional Head of Reckitt Benckiser Co.
Dr. Asif Naqvi
- Councilor and International Associate Director of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UK
- Former Professor of Medicine with Government of Punjab
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology
- Examiner for Royal College of Physicians of United Kingdom for MRCP and for the MBBS course of University of Sheffield.
Rear Admiral (R) Saleem Akhtar HI (M)
- Served in Pakistan Navy for 40 years
- Project Director at Ministry of Defense Production and subsequently as Managing Director Naval Dockyard
- Former Director General Maritime Technological Complex Islamabad
- Former Deputy Chief of Naval Staff at Naval Head Quarters
- Former Pro Rector/Director General, Bahria University Islamabad
Dr. Shujat Ali
- Former Secretary Statistics Division
- Former Special Secretary Finance & Additional Finance Secretary
- Former Secretary Industries, Commerce and Investments
- Former board member of various prestigious public and private companies namely the National Bank of Pakistan Ltd, United Bank Ltd, Saudi-Pak Industrial and Agricultural Development Company, Saudi-Pak Real Estate Company, to name the few.
Khurram Farid Bargatt
- Chartered Town Planner of Royal Town Planning Institute UK
- Vice Chairman Town Planning for Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners Executive Committee
- Managing Director Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd
- Member Federal Commission for Review of Islamabad Master Plan 2020 – 2040
- Active participation in policy making initiatives including LDA building bylaws 2019, LDA Land use rules & regulations 2019 and QDA building bylaws
Dr. Zafar Qadir
- Former Federal Secretary in the Ministry of IT & Telecom
- Former Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources.
- Former Economic Minister to the World Trade Organization
- Former chairman of National Disaster Management Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman – Taaleem Foundation
Air Vice Marshal (R) Sohail Ahmad
- Served in Pakistan Airforce for 35 years
- Head of PAF HR
- Former member of PAF Board for Strategic Planning and Policy Formulation
- Former Defense Attaché of Pakistan in UAE
- Former DGDP (Head of procurement and project management of Army, Navy and Air Force