Iqbal Institute of Policy Studies (IIPS) is an independent policy research institute that aims to generate, propagate and regulate public policies towards achieving sustainable development in Pakistan. It helps improve policies and decision making through research and analysis
Pakistan’s 1st Real Estate Think Tank
Intelligent Policy. Effective Implementation.
To develop into a centre of excellence for research, policy studies and constructive dialogue to facilitate policy formulation and sustainable development
We are an Independent Policy Research Institute
Undertake quality research and policy analyses for sustainable national development
Serve as a collaborative platform for dissemination of research, exchange, and dialogue.
Build capacity and competence to respond to research and policy needs at national level.
Develop viable connectivity between academia and industry for R&D.
Conduct research on emerging technologies for industrial application.
Support endeavours for socio-economic development through research and analyses.
Pakistan is a country enriched with the chances of prosperity and development if worked upon in the right way. In the current circumstances, intelligent policy design and its effective implementation is the one fix that Pakistan needs.
Moreover, it is important to harness technology and innovation to fix Real Estate which is the second biggest employment sector in Pakistan, after agriculture, to boost the economic growth of our country. Through our Institute, we hope to fulfill this need of the hour and take Pakistan one step ahead of its game through effective policymaking and the implementation of AI and Blockchain in order to attain sustainable development.
Real Estate Sector of Pakistan
Buying and Selling
Investments and Financing
Laws and Regulations
Marketing and Technologies
Real Estate Market of Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad: A Comparative Analysis of Three Major Cities in Pakistan
Industrial Real Estate vs. Traditional Commercial Real Estate: Key Differences and Considerations
IIPS President's Message
Research and development is a proven catalyst to effective policy making and development in any sector. Inter alia nations have seen holistic progress as a result of policies that support growth and synergy in utilization of national resources. Iqbal Institute of Policy Studies provides a platform for research and formulation of policies that can earnestly contribute to national development of Pakistan.
Pakistan needs to effectively harness and mobilize its resources to address growing challenges. Our research and policy advocacy has to be essentially based on our sociopolitical ground realities and not on alien solutions. IIPS intends to focus on development of policies that take into account these essential factors. Youth needs to be engaged in economic activities as they make up the majority segment of our population. This all can best be done with accurate data and use of technology for result oriented strategies.
The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board operates towards the realization of IIPS’s vision by providing professional input and facilitating the planning with external stakeholders, without getting involved in corporate affairs. The IIPS Advisory Board is headed by Lt. Gen. Muhammad Haroon Aslam (R) in the capacity of President and consists of seasoned professionals from different fields of life
Lt Gen (R) Haroon Aslam SBt HI(M)
- Served in Pakistan Army for 40 years.
- Former CEO & MD of Fauji Fertilizers Bin Qasim Limited (FFBL), Fauji Foods Limited (FFL) and FFBL Power Company Limited (FPCL)
- Former Deputy Chairman and CEO of Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA)
- Former Board of directors of Askari Commercial Bank Limited and Pakistan Maroc Phosphore, S.A. (PMP).
Tariq Ikram (SI)
- Board member of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd. and Tasha Enterprises
- Chairman of the HR committees of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd
- Former Minister of State & CE Trade Development Authority
- Former President of Overseas Chamber of Commerce and Industry Pakistan (OICC&I), Management Association of Pakistan and Marketing Association of Pakistan
- Former CEO & Regional Head of Reckitt Benckiser Co.
Dr. Asif Naqvi
- Councilor and International Associate Director of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UK
- Former Professor of Medicine with Government of Punjab
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology
- Examiner for Royal College of Physicians of United Kingdom for MRCP and for the MBBS course of University of Sheffield.
Rear Admiral (R) Saleem Akhtar HI (M)
- Served in Pakistan Navy for 40 years
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UKFormer Project Director at Ministry of Defense Production and subsequently as Managing Director Naval Dockyard
- Former Director General Maritime Technological Complex Islamabad
- Former Deputy Chief of Naval Staff at Naval Head Quarters
- Former Pro Rector/Director General, Bahria University Islamabad
Dr. Shujat Ali
- Former Secretary Statistics Division
- Former Special Secretary Finance & Additional Finance Secretary
- Former Secretary Industries, Commerce and Investments
- Former board member of various prestigious public and private companies namely the National Bank of Pakistan Ltd, United Bank Ltd, Saudi-Pak Industrial and Agricultural Development Company, Saudi-Pak Real Estate Company, to name the few.
Khurram Farid Bargatt
- Chartered Town Planner of Royal Town Planning Institute UK
- Vice Chairman Town Planning for Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners Executive Committee
- Managing Director Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd
- Member Federal Commission for Review of Islamabad Master Plan 2020 – 2040
- Active participation in policy making initiatives including LDA building bylaws 2019, LDA Land use rules & regulations 2019 and QDA building bylaws
Dr. Zafar Qadir
- Former Federal Secretary in the Ministry of IT & Telecom
- Former Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources.
- Former Economic Minister to the World Trade Organization
- Former chairman of National Disaster Management Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman – Taaleem Foundation
Air Vice Marshal (R) Sohail Ahmad
- Served in Pakistan Airforce for 35 years
- Head of PAF HR
- Former member of PAF Board for Strategic Planning and Policy Formulation
- Former Defense Attaché of Pakistan in UAE
- Former DGDP (Head of procurement and project management of Army, Navy and Air Force