Decision making through research and analysis
A Policy Research Institute.
CEO Imarat Group
Research and development is a proven catalyst to effective policy making and development in any sector.
Inter alia nations have seen holistic progress as a result of policies that support growth and synergy in utilization of national resources. Imarat Institute of Policy Studies provides a platform for research and formulation of policies that can earnestly contribute to national development of Pakistan.
Pakistan needs to effectively harness and mobilize its resources to address growing challenges. Our research and policy advocacy has to be essentially based on our sociopolitical ground realities and not on alien solutions. IIPS intends to focus on development of policies that take into account these essential factors. Youth needs to be engaged in economic activities as they make up the majority segment of our population. This all can best be done with accurate data and use of technology for result oriented strategies.
The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board operates towards the realization of IIPS’s vision by providing professional input and facilitating the planning with external stakeholders, without getting involved in corporate affairs. The IIPS Advisory Board is headed by Lt. Gen. Muhammad Haroon Aslam (R) in the capacity of President and consists of seasoned professionals from different fields of life
Lt Gen (R) Haroon Aslam SBt HI (M)
- Served in Pakistan Army for 40 years. Former CEO & MD of Fauji Fertilizers Bin Qasim Limited (FFBL)
- Fauji Foods Limited (FFL) and FFBL Power Company Limited (FPCL).
- Former Deputy Chairman and CEO of Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA).
- Former Board of directors of Askari Commercial Bank Limited and Pakistan Maroc Phosphore, S.A. (PMP).
Dr. Asif Naqvi
- Councilor and International Associate Director of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UK
- Former Professor of Medicine with Government of Punjab
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology
- Examiner for Royal College of Physicians of United Kingdom for MRCP and for the MBBS course of University of Sheffield.
Rear Admiral (R) Saleem Akhtar HI (M)
- Served in Pakistan Navy for 40 years
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UKFormer Project Director at Ministry of Defense Production and subsequently as Managing Director Naval Dockyard
- Former Director General Maritime Technological Complex Islamabad
- Former Deputy Chief of Naval Staff at Naval Head Quarters
- Former Pro Rector/Director General, Bahria University Islamabad
Dr. Shujat Ali
- Former Secretary Statistics Division
- Former Special Secretary Finance & Additional Finance Secretary
- Former Secretary Industries, Commerce and Investments
- Former board member of various prestigious public and private companies namely the National Bank of Pakistan Ltd, United Bank Ltd, Saudi-Pak Industrial and Agricultural Development Company, Saudi-Pak Real Estate Company, to name the few.
Khurram Farid Bargatt
- Chartered Town Planner of Royal Town Planning Institute UK
- Vice Chairman Town Planning for Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners Executive Committee
- Managing Director Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd
- Member Federal Commission for Review of Islamabad Master Plan 2020 – 2040
- Active participation in policy making initiatives including LDA building bylaws 2019, LDA Land use rules & regulations 2019 and QDA building bylaws
Dr. Zafar Qadir
- Former Federal Secretary in the Ministry of IT & Telecom
- Former Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources.
- Former Economic Minister to the World Trade Organization
- Former chairman of National Disaster Management Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman – Taaleem Foundation
Air Vice Marshal (R) Sohail Ahmad
- Served in Pakistan Airforce for 35 years
- Head of PAF HR
- Former member of PAF Board for Strategic Planning and Policy Formulation
- Former Defense Attaché of Pakistan in UAE
- Former DGDP (Head of procurement and project management of Army, Navy and Air Force