Undertake quality research and policy analyses for sustainable national development.
Serve as a collaborative platform for dissemination of research, exchange and dialogue.
Build capacity and competence to respond to research and policy needs at national level.
Develop viable connectivity between academia and industry for applied R&D.
Conduct research on emerging technologies for industrial application.
Support endeavors for socio economic development through research and analyses.
Undertake critical impact studies of policies and recommend solutions.
IIPS President’s Message
Research and development is a proven catalyst to effective policy making and development in any sector. Inter alia nations have seen holistic progress as a result of policies that support growth and synergy in utilization of national resources. Iqbal Institute of Policy Studies provides a platform for research and formulation of policies that can earnestly contribute to national development of Pakistan.
Pakistan needs to effectively harness and mobilize its resources to address growing challenges. Our research and policy advocacy has to be essentially based on our sociopolitical ground realities and not on alien solutions. IIPS intends to focus on development of policies that take into account these essential factors. Youth needs to be engaged in economic activities as they make up the majority segment of our population. This all can best be done with accurate data and use of technology for result oriented strategies.
Mr. Farhan Javed is a Pakistani marketing, technology and investment consultant with a multi-industry experience spanning well over a decade. A mechatronics engineer by education, holding an MBA degree with majors in marketing, Farhan is an expert in experimenting with unorthodox techniques in digital marketing, communications and PR.
He currently leads the strategic processes and marketing at Graana Group of Companies and renders his consultancy services to the Government of Pakistan and various international clients on behalf of his company Brando Marketing.
Sharjeel A. Ehmer
Mr. Sharjeel A. Ehmer is the Director of Agency21 International. He is a passionate and dynamic self-made man who has previously worked as Country Head of Wilson’s Healthcare. He truly believes in living by work ethics, mainly team efforts, leadership and responsibility.
His vast experience in the real estate sector of Pakistan and the number of years spent mentoring and leading teams of Sales Executive account for his deep insight into the matters of real estate investment. Mr. Sharjeel leads a team full of passionate and dedicated people who help Agency21 in changing the image of the real estate sector of Pakistan. Sharjeel is a qualified resource from the Associate of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), UK.
Arslan Javed is the Director of Product Design at Graana Group of Companies. As a computer systems engineer specializing in product designing, he pioneered cutting-edge marketing technologies in Pakistan. He has previously served as Director Enekon- a leading company that provides services in the fields of 3D Mapping and Virtual Reality.
Arslan is a graduate of Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Science and technologies (GIK) as a Computer Engineer.
Intelligent policymaking is fundamental for the growth of any organization. Iqbal Institute of Policy studies is going to be a think tank dealing with the formulation of recommendations for public policies on the basis of real-life data to make it more digitized and trustworthy.
Such effective policymaking and its effective implementation with the collaboration of all stakeholders will pave the way for a better and developed Pakistan.
Lt Gen (R) Haroon Aslam SB HI(M)
- Served in Pakistan Army for 40 years.
- Former CEO & MD of Fauji Fertilizers Bin Qasim Limited (FFBL), Fauji Foods Limited (FFL) and FFBL Power Company Limited (FPCL)
- Former Deputy Chairman and CEO of Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA)
- Former Board of directors of Askari Commercial Bank Limited and Pakistan Maroc Phosphore, S.A. (PMP).
Tariq Ikram (SI)
- Board member of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd. and Tasha Enterprises
- Chairman of the HR committees of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd
- Former Minister of State & CE Trade Development Authority
- Former President of Overseas Chamber of Commerce and Industry Pakistan (OICC&I), Management Association of Pakistan and Marketing Association of Pakistan
- Former CEO & Regional Head of Reckitt Benckiser Co.
Dr. Asif Naqvi
- Councilor and International Associate Director of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UK
- Former Professor of Medicine with Government of Punjab
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology
- Examiner for Royal College of Physicians of United Kingdom for MRCP and for the MBBS course of University of Sheffield.
Rear Admiral (R) Saleem Akhtar HI (M)
- Served in Pakistan Navy for 40 years
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in NHS UKFormer Project Director at Ministry of Defense Production and subsequently as Managing Director Naval Dockyard
- Former Director General Maritime Technological Complex Islamabad
- Former Deputy Chief of Naval Staff at Naval Head Quarters
- Former Pro Rector/Director General, Bahria University Islamabad
Dr. Shujat Ali
- Former Secretary Statistics Division
- Former Special Secretary Finance & Additional Finance Secretary
- Former Secretary Industries, Commerce and Investments
- Former board member of various prestigious public and private companies namely the National Bank of Pakistan Ltd, United Bank Ltd, Saudi-Pak Industrial and Agricultural Development Company, Saudi-Pak Real Estate Company, to name the few.
Khurram Farid Bargatt
- Chartered Town Planner of Royal Town Planning Institute UK
- Vice Chairman Town Planning for Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners Executive Committee
- Managing Director Sheher Saaz (Pvt) Ltd
- Member Federal Commission for Review of Islamabad Master Plan 2020 – 2040
- Active participation in policy making initiatives including LDA building bylaws 2019, LDA Land use rules & regulations 2019 and QDA building bylaws
Dr. Zafar Qadir
- Former Federal Secretary in the Ministry of IT & Telecom
- Former Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources.
- Former Economic Minister to the World Trade Organization
- Former chairman of National Disaster Management Authority of Pakistan
- Chairman – Taaleem Foundation
Air Vice Marshal (R) Sohail Ahmad
- Served in Pakistan Airforce for 35 years
- Head of PAF HR
- Former member of PAF Board for Strategic Planning and Policy Formulation
- Former Defense Attaché of Pakistan in UAE
- Former DGDP (Head of procurement and project management of Army, Navy and Air Force